Customer Support didn't help me so I'm sharing this here

metalhato
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have been trying to contact PayPal customer support for two days now and it's an endless loop. I have even tried to call them but apparently, no one is at the office (at all times). The responses I get sound like a bot is typing it. So I'm not really sure they would help me. I just want to let it off my chest so I'll copy paste what I've wrote to them:

Thank you for your response. Since I was limited to 250 characters, I wasn't able to provide you with the whole story and transaction information. It goes as follows: Yesterday morning, I wanted to sell my gaming account to a ### buyer. In order to do that, we were required to involve a Middleman who appears to be ###. The ### buyer wanted to buy it for $93 and he had even sent the money to the Middleman. The Middleman was frustrated once he realized that he won't be receiving the amount until 10 days from now.

The buyer didn't want to proceed with this deal and called it off and asked for a refund from the Middleman. Because of that, the middleman tried other methods to secure the transaction. He initially wanted to send/request F&F payment from me and I know for a fact, in a business transaction, we are supposed to use G&S. But I went along just to see his motive. He found out he's unable to do that because I live in the Middle East so, he had finally settled on sending a G&S payment.

We were still in the negotiation process and we have agreed that I receive exactly $85 in my PayPal balance. Meaning that he's supposed to send around $90 to cover the fees. He hasn't done that and I told him, look: "I'll refund the amount and this time, send me the correct amount." Obviously, he had already sold off my gaming account and he wanted to enforce this transaction without further negotiation. I informed him that I'll have to issue a dispute and for that, you are required to send back the money, since disputes don't apply to Refund Transactions. He sarcastically said: "Yeah, let's take to PayPal and see how it goes." - He's unwilling to send back the money for us to take it from there and continue with the dispute. And I won't be able to ask for a claim either. That's why I'm contacting you now. This whole thing screams one thing 'SCAM'.

I apologize for this lengthy e-mail but, I'll highlight key things in this incident:
• He's not professional for wanting to use F&F and evade PayPal Fees.
• He has forced this method on plenty other buyers just to make extra money for his own commissions.
• He doesn't thoroughly explain the transaction to both parties and pretend it's their fault when something goes wrong.
• Through F&F, he takes away their right to issue a dispute/claim and they lose their Buyer protection.
• In my case, he proceeded with his scam through 'Refund Transaction', and I wasn't able to reverse or dispute it.

Here are the information of the Transactions:

• Transaction Date: ###
• Email address for other party involved in this transaction: ###
• Transaction Amount: 93 USD

• Transaction Amount: 85 USD (Gross Amount)

• Transaction Amount: -85 USD

Please, investigate his account and I'm pretty sure, you'll see most of his transactions are F&F payments. Help me retrieve my money back since he has both my money and account which got sold off without my consent.

I can also provide you with screenshots of the whole conversation. And thank you so much.

P.S: I have used '###' just to censor the nationalities.

I'm just disappointed that the responses I get from them is always the same (provide a transaction date - open a case etc). If anyone came across a similar situation, what did you do to solve it?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

metalhato
Contributor
Contributor

An update:

Thanks to @sharpiemarker I managed to contact PayPal via twitter and reported user abuse. They gladly said they'll handle it and take the necessary action.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@metalhato 

If sender sent you money and you willingly refunded it for whatever reason and they refuse to pay again. That's it. You're out of gas. PayPal can't force them to pay and you can invoice and money request forever and they still won't pay if they do not want to. Should not be avoiding fees in the first place and accept that there are fees; all this sending and refunding back and forth will result in without gaming account or without the money or both. Paid tuition for a lesson learned. PayPal will not help you collect debts owed to you, they only collect debts owed to them.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

metalhato
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I do realize that it was an honest mistake but, can't they at least look up his account for scam/fraud activity? Since he has a business account and yet he's not following the rules when it comes to sending G&S payments instead of F&F?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@metalhato 

You can report the user for abuse, just contact customer service and explain what happened and ask them to look into the account for violations:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Login to Me Too

metalhato
Contributor
Contributor

I'll try contacting them via Twitter since I always receive automated e-mails from them. I appreciate your help a lot! Thanks!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@metalhato 

Cool...you're very welcome.

Login to Me Too
Solved

metalhato
Contributor
Contributor

An update:

Thanks to @sharpiemarker I managed to contact PayPal via twitter and reported user abuse. They gladly said they'll handle it and take the necessary action.

Login to Me Too

weck111
New Community Member

No body will answer when you call, nobody messages back when you text. I have tried a dozen times to enter information into the resolution center over a dispute but the system doesn't work. It just responds with "something went wrong on our end, try again later". I even filed a complaint that nothing worked and nobody responded to that either. Just because people are working remotely doesn't mean your entire system should fail.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello weck111,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

To help make sure we can continue to provide our services to businesses and individuals around the globe, we’ve put in place comprehensive business continuity plans. Though our response times may be delayed, be assured we’re here. Working for you whenever you need us. If there are any changes to our policies and procedures as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, we'll let you know. We are continually updating the information at our Help Centre. Please check in regularly.

To help you quickly find the support you need, we’ve added the information below on our most asked-about topics. If you can’t find what you need on our Help Centre, please message us. We will do everything we can to respond as quickly as possible.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.