Customer Sent Additional Payment on Accident

Ashleyhivick
New Community Member

I woke up this morning to see that I had an unexpected $29.49 in my account from a paypal user, and a message from the same user saying that it was an accident and that he wants said money back. I haven't hit accept on the money and do not want the money, but the only options that I seem to have are "refund". Is that the correct course of action? I don't want to accidentally get charged or scammed, and am suspicious. I usually use my paypal account for getting paid for freelance art commissions online, and have sold to this specific user in the past, with one transaction a month prior to this. Is that something that would affect the proper protocol on this? I've heard people in similar situations instructed to contact paypal, but due to the Covid19 quarantines, paypal is harder than usual to get a hold of. If I just ignore it will it eventually go away, or would it be worse? If the money still hasn't been accepted and the other user just issues a chargeback, will that negatively affect me in any way? Thank you for any and all help anyone can provide.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.