Credit card dispute buyer help !!

Visions138
Contributor
Contributor
I received a complaint on eBay saying item is not as described. It was perfect and spot on plus I had a ton of pictures, on top of that just did oh I should have researched more. eBay sides with me, then paypal sided with me now more than two months later they filed with the credit card company.. how is this legal or even allowed ? Now I’m out the money until up to 75 days .. PayPal says my case is super strong , I did what should have and have nothing to worry about as I documented but I keep hearing horror stories .. any help would be great. No trolls please.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

LLCJB
Contributor
Contributor

Similar situation here. Custom order that cannot be shipped, had to be delivered locally. I did so, took photos at the address showing delivery, made a google maps pin with gps recording where i was, and sent photos to the customer who decided they no longer wanted them (4 hours after delivery) and told me to come get them (2 hours drive away). I refused. He filed a dispute saying item not received. I provided proof that he acknowledged receipt of them and photos showing they were delivered and paypal sided with me.  2 days later he filed unauthorized charge dispute through paypal. I called paypal and explained this was the same guy that just lost an item not received and they closed that claim immediately in my favor. 2 months later I got another claim via his bank for item not received. I immediately submitted the same proof of delivery and conversations acknowledging receipt etc and paypal submitted a response on my behalf. That was sent on Nov 13. I'm still waiting on a response...

Paypal did offer me a temporary credit to bring my account to zero so I could continue to accept payments and run my business (this was a substantial amount of money) but that will be rescinded before the resolution timeline of 75 days has passed by about a week. I just learned that the 75 days doesnt begin until paypal submits their reply. I thought I was well past the 75 days now but i still have til the 27th of this month to hit that point. 

So frustrating. Even more when the buyer knows good and well its false, and that this money is devestating for my business and its literally what he will drop for a meal without blinking. he's ridiculously wealthy.

If I am unsuccessful I will be filing theft charges and taking him to small claims court. The product is now obsolete and he never returned it.

Login to Me Too

Visions138
Contributor
Contributor
I’ll keep you posted on mine PayPal said I had a really strong case and I submitted all my documents but I will be doing the same thing going to small claims court I also reported him to PayPal and PayPal now put them on the abuser list. I will be also suing for punitive damage for time lost and possible friendly Fraud however it’s going to be hard to prove. Believe it or not this guy is a doctor it’s incredible that someone with that kind of a “” prestige would be the shady
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.