Con Merchant

estee71
New Community Member

hi

I had a phone for sale on auction listed for 10 days, reserve price and buy it now.  This user jasm_38982 only created his account 4 days ago and has been messaging me all day saying he has paid for my item via paypal and wants me to give him the tracking number and then i'll get my money.  I've told him I am not stupid and will not despatch phone until payment is made.  He is clearly a waste of space on this planet and is trying to fraudulently obtain my item without paying for it...  tough luck .....  my question is, if someone has 0 feedback and has opened an account 4 days ago, can I report him to ebay for what he is doing or leave negative feedback for him?  Hes emailed me about 10 times today saying check paypal check paypal send me tracking info, starting to grate on my nerves.

All answers appreciated.  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@estee71 

Pointless, they either use throwaway i.d's or hijacked i.d's.

Also you can't leave neg feedback for buyers.

Scam has been ongoing for at least 15 years, glad you were not caught out.

SCAM.

They may buy on Ebay but they use an anonymous or hijacked Ebay account and DO NOT have a Paypal account so they can't use Ebay checkout. They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@estee71 

Pointless, they either use throwaway i.d's or hijacked i.d's.

Also you can't leave neg feedback for buyers.

Scam has been ongoing for at least 15 years, glad you were not caught out.

SCAM.

They may buy on Ebay but they use an anonymous or hijacked Ebay account and DO NOT have a Paypal account so they can't use Ebay checkout. They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.