Client Did Chargeback After Website Was Live And Completed And Files Sent To Them

Spruce85
New Community Member

Hi,

I finished a website for a client; they sent me an email that everything looks good. After I had spent a week working on the website with them and they approved and paid for it, I sent them the website files via email. A few weeks later, they disputed the amount they paid for the site with PayPal even after I had already completed the work and sent them the files. Unfortunately, PayPal refunded their money. Our terms of service states that we don't give refund back on websites as it's not a tangible product and someone can take their files and claim they never got it. I even showed PayPal the link to the actual complete site.

This is very frustrating because I met with the client in person several times and they love the work we did. Then, all of a sudden, they did a chargeback and there's nothing I can do.

What should you do when PayPal refund a chargeback to a client who've already received their website files but decided request a refund?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spruce85 

Unfortunately there is no paypal seller protection for digital / virtual items, you can sell them but at your own risk unfortunately.

Best go read up on seller protection in paypals user agreement.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.