Claim to NOT Understand english after the purchase

smithchris985
Contributor
Contributor

A HandMade STAND not the MACHINE( SERGER) was POSTED for sale..Again in BIG BLACK BOLD letters Stand Only...NOT The MACHINE...A individual purchased to have a stand built on 21st June, I sent a contact from EBAY making sure they understood that the STAND(to be constructed hand made) was what they purchased and NOT the machine, this was done a 2nd time hrs later since no reply to first contact email....10 days later we recieve an email in SPANISH, which we converted, it was asking about MACHINE....During which we contacted the buyer and after 2 more emails we are speaking to a person who SPEAKS english and were told that the BUYER DOESNT speak english, and that they wanted refund since "HE" told the non speaking english buyer that it was a stand and NOT the machine..At this time I have already built 75% of the stand and having to poly-coat it takes 3-4 days for it to harden, we waited to hear from buyer from 31st and had the completed stand on the 6th boxed to ship.....We shipped on 7th of August and on 9th they made a claim of UNRECIEVED, which we provided the tracking number....In theircontacts it has come to WHO and WHY did someone purchase something if THEY cant read nor speak english as someone had to of done so...As of today UPS tried to del'er but no one to rec, nows its been sent to a holding placement....We tried since the first day to ask and say to BUYER that are you aware its a stand and NOT the sewing machine as it was so STATED in the POST itself on EBAY....This stand was made for 1 person for this type of Serger and the stand is meant to fit it and only it...

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@smithchris985 

Paypals seller protection is not an insurance policy or a 100% guarantee of everything that can go wrong.

In the event of an item not received dispute then your tracking number that proves delivery of the item should win you that dispute, if its not delivered then it should be returned back to you OR you can claim if lost in the post.

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute then its one persons word against anothers. Paypal never see the item in question so they make a judgement call but take into account any 'item description' or 'notes added to the dispute' from buyer and seller.

If and only if Paypal finds in favour of the buyer then they have to return the item back to you at their own expense.

However if yours is a 'custom made' item then normally there is no buyer protection for 'received but not as described' so if that is the case (not sure if it is or not) then inform customer services asap and they should close the case.

Not clear from your first post whether the buyer has changed the dispute from INR to SNAD or not.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@smithchris985 

Is there any question or are you just informing us of general misunderstandings whilst selling?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

smithchris985
Contributor
Contributor

I apologize for not finishing my statement lacking the question...ARE WE to be held to the fire because someone

lacks the skill to read or speak english, to conduct trans actions knowing full well what they have purchased,

what the selling post stated and to have us waiting in the hallway till they wanted to communicate 10 days after

the fact.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@smithchris985 

Paypals seller protection is not an insurance policy or a 100% guarantee of everything that can go wrong.

In the event of an item not received dispute then your tracking number that proves delivery of the item should win you that dispute, if its not delivered then it should be returned back to you OR you can claim if lost in the post.

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute then its one persons word against anothers. Paypal never see the item in question so they make a judgement call but take into account any 'item description' or 'notes added to the dispute' from buyer and seller.

If and only if Paypal finds in favour of the buyer then they have to return the item back to you at their own expense.

However if yours is a 'custom made' item then normally there is no buyer protection for 'received but not as described' so if that is the case (not sure if it is or not) then inform customer services asap and they should close the case.

Not clear from your first post whether the buyer has changed the dispute from INR to SNAD or not.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.