Claim settled against me

ScottLewis
New Community Member
Hi, I had a claim settled against me in which the buyer scammed me. Basically I was going back on forth with a buyer on depop and decided to avoid paying fees I would see via goods and services on PayPal to them. They asked me to send to an address repeatedly and so I did. Then I had a claim put in against me saying I didn’t post it and I only realised after that they had in fact used a different address on the transaction therefore I wasn’t protected. However, I now have evidence that the person I thought I was speaking with had been a victim of their account being hacked and other people had also been affected by this. Can this help me to reverse paypal’s decision even though they have already settled against me? Thanks.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

HI @ScottLewis,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

I am sorry to hear that this happened. Unfortunately, though, to be covered by our Seller Protection policy you need to ship the item that you sold to the address showing in the details of the transaction. The address showing there would be the only address that we can verify. I am sorry. 

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.