Claim on Paypal but positive feedback on ebay HELP!!

amelia_havard
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a pair of shoes on ebay and have received positive feedback on ebay from the buyer saying they received the item and were pleased. However through paypal I have a claim from the buyer saying the item hasn't been received and they're wanting a full refund. This was a week after the purchase went through. Could this be a scam? It was approximately £38 so I'm not willing to refund or anything but I have less than 2 days to respond to the claim and there is no option to explain my situation. I no longer have the tracking information. 😕 Any ideas or advice? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amelia_havard

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for disputes.
A buyer has up to 180 days to open a Paypal dispute for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

If yours was a claim for non receipt of item then the ONLY evidence Paypal will accept is trackable proof of delivery of the item to the buyer (not just proof of postage), if you choose to send non-trackable that is fine but its at your own risk as any claim will be found in the buyers favour.

NEVER get rid of your tracking information until at least the 6 months has passed.

Also feedback has no bearing on it as it can be given to the wrong seller by mistake and is not proof of delivery  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amelia_havard

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for disputes.
A buyer has up to 180 days to open a Paypal dispute for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

If yours was a claim for non receipt of item then the ONLY evidence Paypal will accept is trackable proof of delivery of the item to the buyer (not just proof of postage), if you choose to send non-trackable that is fine but its at your own risk as any claim will be found in the buyers favour.

NEVER get rid of your tracking information until at least the 6 months has passed.

Also feedback has no bearing on it as it can be given to the wrong seller by mistake and is not proof of delivery  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.