Claim from a fraud customer - Appealed or Closed ?

Peridikaiou
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all

Few days ago a claim opened by a customer and although we followed every step that Paypal asked from us, this case closed in favor of the customer.

So, we are left behind wondering what we did wrong and why Paypal didn't pay any attention on the documents that were uploaded on our profile.

We are still waiting an answer on a couple of emails that we sent regarding our case, but between those emails, an automated email came and informed us that the case is now closed since there were no evidence uploaded on time from our side.  So even if we had 10 calendar days to upload a police report and documents from the 2 couriers, the case closed.

Case ID: PP-xxxxxxx(6 of March)

Thank you for your cooperation.

We've reviewed the additional information you provided regarding the below claim.

Transaction Details
Transaction Date: 9 February 2019
Transaction Amount: xxx EUR
Dispute Amount: xxx EUR
Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We were unable to grant your appeal with the information you provided. It was not granted because we did not receive a response from you regarding this case.

We made this decision based on the guidelines outlined in our User Agreement and after careful consideration of all available materials provided. Because we were unable to grant your appeal we have not changed the outcome of this case.

**********************************************************************************************************

A quick history

1. Customer receives 4 pieces of branded clothes
  2. Opens a case - The case become a Claim (not as described) of course never came in touch with us from the webform or store's email
  3. We choose the "Customer Refund when the customer returns the products"
  4. Customer returns only 1 product and not 4
  5. Paypal refunds him in full

Since then, we are trying to appeal and even there were a couple of "calm" emails from the customer support until today nobody has contact us regarding the matter.

This is the last email we got from paypal (Saturday 9/3/19)

Dear xxx

Thank you for your message.

I understand on your message that you want to know what's going to happen with your case PP-D-xxxxxx

Unfortunately I can't yet see what's going to happen with your case, you're going to have to wait for our response, I can't say or see anything at this moment.

I wish you a nice weekend!

Yours sincerely,
    xxxxx
    PayPal

Can somebody help us with the situation ?

I have a feeling that they rushed to close the case! Why ?  Didn't they want to read the police report first ? Is anybody reading those reports ?

What if those reports are not in English language  ?

Thanks in advance

regards

Peridikaiou

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Peridikaiou 

Contact customer service and report buyer abuse of the purchase protection by not returning all the items sent and that you'd like to appeal your dispute:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Peridikaiou
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all

Just for the record...

PayPal replied back to us, and it seems that everything went ok from our side - So the appeal was granted.

Honestly, it would be a big fault if it didn't. We ve just were unprepared for all these (proofs, police report etc) we got panicked when the case closed, we thought we lost the “fight”. We were uploading the proofs again and again with no response. Anyway it was a matter of time to have someone from the customer support to contact us.

We own a big thanks to PayPal’s people for that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.