Claim closed in buyers favour but no return

hevaleeni
New Community Member

I sold a pair of used shoes to someone through PayPal directly. The item was listed on depop originally, and I did not state the condition on the listing. They were worn once. I uploaded photos. The buyer opened a SNAD claim against me because he thought they were new, but the case was closed and decided in my favour as I had never stated they were new. He then disputed the transaction with his bank, and PayPal re-opened the claim and took the money back. Long story short the claim has now been closed in HIS favour, but I have received no communication from paypal AT ALL, no emails, not even a notification. I am unable to appeal the decision as I believe it has been longer than 10 days, but I didn’t receive any notification that the case was closed. Does the buyer have to send the shoes back to me?? I have tried to contact him via text message but he is ignoring all my texts. I do not know what my rights are with this, and I am worried because the shoes were £400. Does the buyer have to send the item back? Also am I able to appeal the decision?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

he filed a chargeback with his cc issuer and won.

You should find a $20 chargeback penalty fee in your payment activities.

PAYPAL should email you and tell you he has filed a chargeback and withhold the payment from your account.

Credit card issuers often do not ask the buyer to return the item,you dont know what he told his cc issuer,he could say you sold a worn item and refused to let him return the item.

refusing buyer return means you dont want it back.

This is a problem with using Paypal,it is Paypal which owns he merchant account,not you or me,a chargeback hits paypal and Paypal does not have to tell you what your buyer said to his cc issuer.

You should have stated the condition of your shoes,for that kind of money,most buyers expect brand new mint in box condition.

next time,just accept return if they ask to return the item

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.