Chargeback

nickz1
New Community Member

I'm planning to sell my knife(CSGO) to someone via PayPal. It's all virtual. I was wondering if he were to take his money back could I provide a screenshot to prove I gave it? Would that be enough proof?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nickz1 

Intangible items additional requirements

To be eligible for PayPal’s Seller Protection on an intangible item, you must:

• Ensure you are utilising a current version of PayPal Express Checkout if you are accepting payments directly via a website or mobile optimised website; or
  • Ensure you are passing session information to PayPal at checkout if you are integrated with PayPal via a third party or if you have a native app integration.

Other integration requirements may apply depending on your business model.  Visit https://developer.paypal.com for more information.

Otherwise...

Ineligible items and transactions

Your sale is not eligible for coverage under PayPal’s Seller Protection program if:

• It involves digital goods.  Digital goods are delivered and used in an electronic format, like a song delivered online or through a mobile application.
  • The buyer claims (either with us or their card issuer) that the item you sent isn’t what was ordered (referred to as a “Significantly Not as Described” claim).
  • It involves an item that PayPal determines, in its sole discretion, is a counterfeit item.
  • It involves an item that you deliver in person, including in connection with a payment made in your store location.
  • It involves sales that are not processed either through a buyer’s PayPal account or a PayPal guest checkout transaction. For example, if the sale was made using the PayPal Payments Pro product, then it is not eligible for coverage. 
  • It involves items equivalent to cash including gift cards.
  • It involves a donation.
  • It relates to the purchase of a financial product or investment of any kind.
  • It involves a payment sent using PayPal’s friends and family functionality.
  • It involves a payment made using PayPal Payouts and Mass Pay.
  • The item is a vehicle, including, but not limited to a motor vehicle, motorcycle, recreational vehicle, aircraft or boat.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_CA#seller-protection

You would be selling at your own risk.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.