Chargeback possible after withdrawn money?

jamiek47
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Firstly, I am a seller and want protection over a transfer I am worried they might chargeback.

If I withdraw my money from PayPal to my bank account and receive a chargeback, but have no money in my PayPal account, what happens?

Can PayPal retrieve the money from my bank I withdrew or does the chargeback fail?

(I was going to use escrow.com but they don't allow the country the buyer is from)

Thanks,

Jamie

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jamiek47 

If you lose a chargeback case and have no funds in your paypal balance and refuse to pay a refund then paypal will put your paypal account into negative and limit it.

They will then pursue you to pay them back again and if you don't then they pass the debt on to a debt recovery agency to try and enforce.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jamiek47
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, thanks.

So PayPal won't automatically do the chargeback? They will first speak with me to confirm I have sent what was promised?

If I provide proof, they will reject the chargeback?

Thanks,

Jamie

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jamiek47 

You need to read up on paypals seller protection policy so you can risk assess your transactions.

Paypal rarely speak to anyone as its mostly automated.

Also a chargeback is not a paypal dispute, its done directly via the buyers credit card issuer. You asked about chargebacks and not paypal disputes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jamiek47
Contributor
Contributor

You said if I lose a chargeback, so I presumed I could win one?

I've read some pages on the PayPal site on this, but it is not clear to me hence asking here.

Thanks,

Jamie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.