Chargeback for "item not as described" on item buyer broke, leaves a negative account balance?

carlough
Contributor
Contributor

Buyer bought and broke an expensive and delicate item off ebay, then filed a chargeback with his credit card company. Paypal has stuck me with a ridiculous ($600+) negative balance in the meantime, even though I should be covered by the seller protection, since it was through ebay and has tracking and all.

"$666.80 USD has been debited from your PayPal account because of the following reason(s): Other."
The guy even sent me a photo of it working, so I know it arrived intact. Unfortunately, I submitted the response without it, and cant seem to add it on now. So now I'm waiting to see if this guys credit card wants to give me my money back? And paypal is charging me $15 to politely ask them? I would be okay with the $15 charge if I could still use my account in the meantime, but that doesnt seem to be an option.
Frankly, this is incredibly frustrating, especially since I would like to be able to continue spending money through paypal, but dont want to give them this money, as it isnt my debt. 
Am I just stuck using other services in the meantime?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.