Chargeback fee

Runxiang
Contributor
Contributor
So i have been hit with a chargeback fee which is $20, and I already refunded the person when his entire refund was only like $15, is it possible to get a refund on the chargeback fee because it is ridiculous when I have to pay PayPal more than the refund.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Runxiang 

Unfortunately a chargeback is not a paypal dispute, its done directly via the buyers credit card issuer and they make all the decisions, all Paypal do is pass on any information to them on your behalf.

So if you lose that case the credit card company charge you their processing fee as well unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Runxiang
Contributor
Contributor
But I looked up online and some people said that they have gotten refund for the chargeback fee before so if there still a chance?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Runxiang 

Yes if you met ALL the requirements of seller protection then you would have been refunded but it sounds as if you didn't as paypal didn't refund you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Runxiang
Contributor
Contributor
It was a virtual item so yah and it was like couple month ago
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Runxiang 

Sadly there is no seller protection for virtual items so you would not be covered for any chargeback refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.