Chargeback as Seller (Fraud)

Zusas
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm hoping someone can provide more assistance as I'm at a complete loss.

My situation is I sold a Nintendo Switch.  It was brand new and I sent the item promptly to the buyer.  After receiving it, they messaged me that it was 'dirty' and unopened.  I can attest that it was brand new and unopened and I took pictures of the box and posted them in the auction, they received it exactly as it was.  Then I was notified by Paypal that a chargeback was issued and the payment was on hold.

I provided the receipt along with pictures of the box for the resolution.  Paypal found in favor of the buyer after about 45 days.  Now I have fees from Paypal, Ebay not to mention the cost of the item and shipping.

Where can I go from here?  The buyer has kept the Switch and essentially stolen it.  My total cost now far outweighs what I would have made off the auction.  (I'm out about $450 now).

The buyer never initiated a dispute or anything, they immediately went for a chargeback (less than an hour after receiving the item from the shipping notification).

Any help would be appreciated.  I just don't understand how they found in favor of the buyer, especially with all the documentation.  I've sold a few things before but have never had an issue.  This is just devastating.

Thanks very much for any insight.  There has to be something I can do further.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

gwest70
Contributor
Contributor

same thing has just happened to me. If you did make any progress getting money back or your items please do let me  know.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.