Chargeback Reversal

ozorezanitako
New Community Member

About 2 months ago, my buyer filed a chargeback with her credit card issuer (American Express) because she thought I would not ship her purchase. Of course she was wrong, and I had already shipped out her item and gave her the tracking information aftwards. Upon receiving the item, she called AmEx to reverse the chargeback. She told me she then was charged the amount accordingly. This was 3 weeks ago. All this while, I have been emailing & calling PayPal to update them with the latest information on the dispute, including the proof that my buyer has received her item and she is even concerned that I have yet to receive the payment yet, as AmEx has already charged her. The PayPal customer service told me since this is an open dispute and they're talking to AmEx on my behalf, they can only wait for AmEx to respond and release the payment. However, when my buyer called AmEx, they insisted that they have made the payment 3 weeks ago and it is PayPal's issue that they're not releasing the fund to me. The amount is quite big and I need this fund urgently. I do not know how else can I rectify this issue.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ozorezanitako 

Time to kick it up a notch. I suggest opening a case with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA to get PayPal Office of Executive Escalations to review your account/chargeback and provide the pertinent info again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ozorezanitako
New Community Member
Hi, thank you for your suggestion. How can I do that? I really need to get in touch with someone from PayPal who actually has authority to review my case (instead of customer service officers who can only give me template answers every time) and possibly someone who can talk to the buyer's credit card institution.
Login to Me Too

echevoa
New Community Member

Hello,

Having the same problem. Sent a friend money I owed him throw paypal, using my AMEX a couple of months ago. According to paypal, de bank opened a dispute for the transaction, but I have called AMEX and they say no dispute was opened from their side. Paypal doesn't give me a solution, customer support only repeats the same **bleep**... Amex already charged me last month the sum I sent through paypal to my friend, but my friend hasn't received that money. 

How where you able to fix the problem? Please share you're solution. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.