Case filed

Woowoo1972
New Community Member
I have several concerns about a dispute that was filed and don’t really know how to proceed. 1st of all the buyer said they didn’t want to take the time to confirm their banking information so they used a “friends” PayPal account to pay for item. Item was a horse trailer that was purchased as Used, as is and no warranty. I have a bill of sale that was completed as well. Money was sent to me, item paid in full. All Communication was done through Facebook Messenger for sale. Now buyer will not respond to any of my messages through Facebook Messenger and has filed a dispute requesting refund. One of the major concerns I have is the dispute is filed through the “friends” PayPal account, not the actual buyers account. All correspondence through PayPal is obviously going to this “friends” account. I have no way to contact the actual buyer personally since they will not respond to my repeated Facebook messenger messages. I am curious about my rights as a seller. I am worried that this was scam from the get go. I don’t know how to respond to dispute. I called PayPal on the phone to discuss my options but phone options are limited. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Woowoo1972,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, we do not accept private message conversation between buyers and sellers as prove when reviewing a case. For this reason, it would not matter that you are talking with another Facebook account. If a case was filed, you should be able to see in your Resolution Centre an open case where to provide additional information. Based on the type of case that was filed, we could ask you different information. This link can help!

I hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.