Case decided in buyer favour which is unfair

poojagkhandelwa
Contributor
Contributor
Customer bought the product from Etsy and after proper scrutiny , case is in my favour and not sellars favour . Same case has been raised by buyer on PayPal, shockingly even after letting them know Etsy is in my favour and gave enough proof , PayPal asked me to refund the item after refunding the money.. what proof does PayPal has to Decide on buyers side when Etsy decided in sellars favour bcoz item Is as per described
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@poojagkhandelwa 

Different companies have different dispute policies.

If the buyer claimed Significantly Not As Described, then you are not covered and are to accept return and refund customer. I think one of the factors that PayPal decided against you is potential credit card chargeback since buyer didn't take "No" for an answer at Etsy. Credit card chargebacks incur a chargeback fee in additional to the amount in dispute and possibly longer time to handle depending on the circumstances and the credit card/bank may not require buyer to return item either and if it is a SNAD chargeback, you will very likely lose.

So wait and see if the buyer even returns the item. If they do not, or do not provide proof of delivery then you win. Of course, if buyer paid with credit card and they lose PayPal dispute for whatever reason, buyer can still come after you with chargeback.

That's the risk when selling online. You have to make a business decision, not emotional. What will cost less time and money for you and keep focus on the next sale or you'll end up in therapy trying to one up the buyer and getting yourself upset over it. Sell successfully more than you lose.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.