Case Closed - Buyer Refunded, Item sent and delivered to Greece via the Global Shipping Program...

eternaloptimist
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help or point me in the right direction. Regarding a case which has now been closed in the buyer's favour... The buyer claimed that somebody had used his account to make the transaction on eBay. I have already sent the item (Watch) out to him and have proof of delivery on 02.09.20. I had posted proof of delivery that I received from eBay which I used Royal to send to the Global Shipping Program hub and then the courier Pitney Bowes took control of sending to the country of destination. I had included this information on the case but the case was closed in the buyer's favour. He now has been refunded, has the watch and is not making any contact with me to either return the item or state that he would like to keep it. I phoned Paypal and they told me I needed to send proof of postage with the courier who posted the item in this case UPS. I have uploaded this proof on the messaging service a week ago but I have not heard anything and the chat conversion that I had is no longer there. I have contacted Paypal again through the messaging service and uploaded the UPS proof of delivery and tracking information. Has anyone been through this process? Could you offer some insight? What other steps can I take? Would like to hear from others who have used the global shipping program and been through a similar experience. Also, others who can help me regarding seller protection. This item is eligible for protection however PayPal has just gone ahead and issued a refund. Regards,
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

reid1a
Contributor
Contributor

paypal only takes the sellers side.  they don't get their money back if they take ours.  I ordered something in may that was to take 12 days  i never got it.  they keep putting my dispute off to give the seller time to answer they kept saying it was shipped and i would get it.  They finally said in August that the shipper said it was delivered.  I still have not seen it.  I contacted the shipper in china and they sent the shipping information but with no address I contacted them again an asked for the "intranet" for pay pal requested and they again sent the same form.  I contacted the USPS and they said they couldn"t tell me where it was delieved.  I sent them all information that I recieved and nothing.  Suddenly the shipper sent them the information saying that it was shipped to my address...they went with the shipper and said it didn't matter I didn't recieve the item after 80 days I was still responsible.  I am 68 years old a Christian and on  a fixed income and they don't care and have think I am lying.  My case is now closed and they will not answer my phone calls, messages or anything 

Login to Me Too

eternaloptimist
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am sorry that you are having difficulties with Paypal...

Surely if you haven't received the item and there is no proof of delivery you should be entitled to a refund with buyer protection?

Did you order through eBay? 

In my case, have sent the item out and it's been delivered via UPS and your case is the opposite. Why are we being let down Paypal??

Login to Me Too

reid1a
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I didn't order through E-bey but from a site that  was suppose to be in Seattle.  They have sense taken the site down.  I don't understand how paypal can accept anything that the seller says as gospel but we are lying.  I did not get this item.  I have been fighting for over three months.  You would think I would just give up if I got the item but what is right is right and Paypal doesn't care about service or the customer.  

Login to Me Too

eternaloptimist
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

My situation has now been resolved... 

I would say that due to the pandemic Paypal customer service is limited and is taking much longer to process queries. But thankfully they still have staff working hard to help customers...

I have been refunded and I believe the buyer has managed to get a watch for free. I would like to see Paypal get their money back from the buyer though...

Regards,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.