Canceled Disputes by Customers

pxl
Contributor
Contributor
This is something that seems to be overlooked by PayPal but is actually pretty important in terms of keeping our store safe. When a buyers payment is placed on hold by PayPal or if the buyer disputes it, if it’s canceled by the buyer, the open case is closed and the reason is “we’ve closed this case in your favor due to the evidence you provided”. Most of the time, we weren’t even able to provide evidence, which makes PayPal look stupid and unprofessional in the first place. However, more importantly, how are we supposed to tell if it was canceled by the buyer like they claim, or PayPal actually decided it in our favor? If the buyer canceled it, we would deem them safe to keep making purchases. If we actually won the case, we’d want to block them from making more purchases. There’s no stopping a buyer from claiming they canceled it though, because we have no way of telling the difference in a canceled case and a case PayPal decided in our favor. Can’t you guys do something about this?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

pxl
Contributor
Contributor
Any comment or awareness regarding this topic would be appreciated...
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Brooke

Hi @pxl

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with claims that have been filed. Unfortunately, we would not be able to give you the reasoning as to why the claim was closed the way it was. Please contact our customer service so we can look into this further for you You can call, send a private message through Facebook or a private message through Twitter

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Thanks, 

Brooke

Login to Me Too

pxl
Contributor
Contributor
I think you misunderstood my post. I’m not looking for a specific reason for a specific dispute that was filed. I’m looking for better clarification to differentiate claims that were canceled by the customer voluntarily versus claims that were closed in the sellers favor by PayPal. As of right now, the same email and reason is given for both events.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Brooke

Hi @pxl,

Thank you for clarifying that for us. Unfortunately, we would not be able to give you any explanation as to why claims have been closed. Every claim is viewed individually and can have a different outcome depending on the information that was provided by both parties. I can definitely provide the feedback given about the email that was received. 

Please enjoy the rest of your day. 

Thanks, 

Brooke

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.