Can't appeal a closed case

bulldoza22
Contributor
Contributor

Essentially I can't any way to appeal a closed case even though it hasn't been 10 days after it was closed. Going into the resolution center, clicking view, there is no button or link to appeal the case. How can I appeal my closed case?
Backstory: I sold an item to a buyer and as a prompt seller, I shipped the item quickly with tracking. After I shipped the buyer issued an unauthorized access and opened up a dispute. I lost the case after providing all the info I could including the shipping receipt. Not only was I not protected from this scam, I lost my item valued at over $100, paid extra for faster shipping at the request of the buyer, and was charged $20 by paypal for the seller's chargeback leaving my account at a negative balance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

is this Ebay sale?

this is a chargeback,thats why you are hit with $20 penalty fee from his cc issuer.

You have to appeal and make PAYPAL pay for the loss plus remove the $20 as you qualify for UA SELLER PROTECTION.

If you don't hear from them,call them ,give them a few days.

these cases are first handled by robot,when someone appeal,a real person will look into it

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bulldoza22 wrote:

Essentially I can't any way to appeal a closed case even though it hasn't been 10 days after it was closed. Going into the resolution center, clicking view, there is no button or link to appeal the case. How can I appeal my closed case?
Backstory: I sold an item to a buyer and as a prompt seller, I shipped the item quickly with tracking. After I shipped the buyer issued an unauthorized access and opened up a dispute. I lost the case after providing all the info I could including the shipping receipt. Not only was I not protected from this scam, I lost my item valued at over $100, paid extra for faster shipping at the request of the buyer, and was charged $20 by paypal for the seller's chargeback leaving my account at a negative balance.

Do you have tracking number showing delivery? And you shipped to the address in the payment? Did you go on the closed cases list?

PayPal’s Seller Protection program may apply when a buyer claims that:

• The buyer did not authorize, or benefit from, funds sent from his or her account (referred to as an “Unauthorized Transaction” claim);

To be eligible for PayPal’s Seller Protection, you must meet all of the following requirements 

• The primary address for your PayPal account must be in the United States.
  • The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.
  • You must ship the item to the shipping address on the transaction details page in your PayPal account for the transaction.  If you originally ship the item to the recipient's shipping address on the transaction details page but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. We therefore recommend not using a shipping service that is arranged by the buyer, so that you will be able to provide valid proof of shipping and delivery.
  • You must respond to PayPal's requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner as requested in our email correspondence with you or in our correspondence with you through the Resolution Center. If you do not respond to PayPal’s request for documentation and other information in the time requested, you may not be eligible for Seller Protection.
  • If the sale involves pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, you must ship within the timeframe you specified in the listing. Otherwise, it is recommended that you ship all items within 7 days after receipt of payment.

Unauthorized Transactions additional requirements

To be covered by PayPal’s Seller Protection program for a buyer’s Unauthorized Transaction claim, you must meet both the basic requirements listed above and the additional requirements listed below:

• The payment must be marked “eligible” or “partially eligible” for PayPal's Seller Protection on the Transaction Details page.
  • You must provide proof of shipment or proof of delivery as described below.

Establishing proof of delivery or proof of shipment

The following is required as:

Proof of shipment

Proof of delivery

Online or physical documentation from a shipping company that includes:

• Date of shipment
  • An address for the recipient that matches the shipping address on the Transaction Details page
  • An address for the recipient showing at least the city/state, city/country, or zip/postal code (or international equivalent).

Online or physical documentation from a shipping company that includes:

• Date of delivery and ‘delivered’ status
  • An address for the recipient that matches the shipping address on the Transaction Details page
  • An address for the recipient showing at least the city/state, city/country, or zip/postal code (or international equivalent).
  • Signature confirmation, if the full amount of the payment including shipping and taxes exceeds a fixed amount (based on the currency of the payment) from the signature confirmation threshold table below. Signature confirmation is online documentation, viewable at the shipping company’s website, indicating that the item was signed for.

IMPORTANT:  Your choice of carrier and shipment options with that carrier can have a big impact on your ability to meet the proof of delivery requirements.  Please ensure, especially when shipping goods internationally, that your carrier can provide ‘delivered’ status at the correct address, or your Seller Protection claim may be denied.

Proof of ship would be USPS CLick N’ Ship Receipt,  UPS Receipt, FedEx Receipt or receipt from PayPal shipping.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

bulldoza22
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I have a tracking number that showed delivery which I just added to the transaction on paypal. Also, I shipped my sold physical item to the address from the paypal transaction details which also says I am eligible for seller protection.  I did go into the resolution center > closed case list >  clicked on the closed case and there wasn't anything that I saw that let me appeal the case. 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

try emailing to PAYPAL and give the case number.

Login to Me Too

bulldoza22
Contributor
Contributor

I already emailed customer support with my transaction ID in case I don't find a solution here. Also an update, the email (the exact email listed on the transaction details) connected to the buyers paypal account just sent me an email titled "F U"... So now I am not only am I out $210, my account is limited due to a negative balance due to the chargeback fee, I am also being harassed by the buyer...

Login to Me Too
Solved

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

is this Ebay sale?

this is a chargeback,thats why you are hit with $20 penalty fee from his cc issuer.

You have to appeal and make PAYPAL pay for the loss plus remove the $20 as you qualify for UA SELLER PROTECTION.

If you don't hear from them,call them ,give them a few days.

these cases are first handled by robot,when someone appeal,a real person will look into it

Login to Me Too

Wayofneo
New Community Member
I had the exact same issue happened to me. I called them they told me I need to take it to small claims court to recover my money now I'm $4.95 in the rears because somebody decided to scam me
Login to Me Too

Lostcourt
Contributor
Contributor
Same here, frustrated where is my protection
Login to Me Too

Lostcourt
Contributor
Contributor
I was also charged a chargeback for a stranger putting money in my account then stating it's not authorized... Of course I get charged?? PayPal is of absolutely no help and won't reverse the charge. I am not selling anything nor have my information to this guy ..very frustrating how in the world am I out money!! Scam
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.