Can i issue a chargeback on item i purchased on ebay back in December ?

funkeymonkey
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ! 

I purchased a graded pokemon card at the beginning of December 2018, after a lot of wait the item didnt arrive, the seller assured me it was lost in the mail and if returned it would be sent to me. They offered a lower value card in exchange for the loss which i accepted because it was a christmas gift so i was in a rush to get something. The problem is that today i see the card that was "lost in the mail" up for sale by a different seller. 

I know it is the same card because PSA Cards have unique certification numbers so no 2 cards are the same. 

There was no tracking for the original purchase.

What can i do in this situation. Can i issue a chargeback ? It is too late to leave negative feedback for their dishonesty.  

Thank you in advance 🙂 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@funkeymonkey 

It's only been 4 months or so therefore a PayPal SNAD dispute can still be filed. You may have to return the item you did receive though. If PayPal denies the claim if it is escalated for their ruling, try contacting your card issuer to file a chargeback.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.