Can i be chargebacked if i refund? Should i even refund in this situation?

MaksFord
Contributor
Contributor

Around week ago i sold digital good to another guy (He used Paypal f&f with credit card). Then i looked back and i missed some red flags and buyer now completely ignores me. Ofc there is a chance that buyer is a fine guy but i read a lot about schemes for couple days so i don't believe in this.
I dont really like the perspective to lose my stuff but even more concerned about possible fees and stuff in case of chargeback (i got the sum in 2 payments). Even if i will prove everything i could lose and if i lose maximum i could do is try to charge scammer legaly which will require time and probably money and not guaranteed too.
I realize i made a mistake but i didnt even have the option to decline payment after i gave my email to buyer.
If i just refund would i be fully protected of chargebacks and other stuff? I won't suffer double refund- chargeback in this case?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MaksFord,

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry to hear that you have been paid by someone you believe to be fraudulent. If you refund through the transaction, that will protect you from any chargebacks issued after the refund. Any chargeback could be disputed with the card issuer as already refunded if a refund was already issued.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MaksFord
Contributor
Contributor

The thing is- i was honest but it's digital good
So due to i have 0 seller protection or whatever would i be protected/refunded in case of chargeback scam if i will refund it now? Or i could lose both refund and chargeback which would be outrageous but as i read happened to some people?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MaksFord,

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry to hear that you have been paid by someone you believe to be fraudulent. If you refund through the transaction, that will protect you from any chargebacks issued after the refund. Any chargeback could be disputed with the card issuer as already refunded if a refund was already issued.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.