Can a dispute be re-opened?

blkdog0925
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a pair of shoes last week. The buyer received them and then ended up filing a claim against me saying that the shoes were not as described because he said that the shoes he received were not the size that I had stated. This was nothing but a lie because I have always purchased the same size for years and there is no mistake about it. Anyway. Yesterday, I provided the photos of evidence in the resolution center showing that the size is indeed the size that I had stated of the shoes. Paypal went ahead and closed the case in my favor, stating that I had concrete evidence to disprove  the buyer's claims. And just like that, the case disappeared from my "Open Cases" section on paypal and got moved over to the "Closed Cases" section. This was yesterday.

Today, I log back into paypal and clicked back into my resolution center to find that the case is now open again and "Under Review". How is this even possible? I thought that once a dispute/claim had been closed, it could not be opened again?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi blkdog0925, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

It is possible to appeal the decision made on a PayPal claim providing new information is presented which was not considered during the original investigation. If you need to provide any additional information to this claim you will receive an email notification and the case will be updated in your account. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.