Can I trust paying through Goods and Services?

jjwalton04
New Community Member

I have a person that I've been talking to for about 3 days now about selling me a phone, yet the price he is selling it as is incredible. I have his mobile number and I've been asking him continuously for proof that he is actually selling me a legitimate device. for example I've asked him to send a photo of the phone, the phone in his hand, A photo of the phone with my number in the dialer, and all checked out to be true. I even took it a step further as to downloading the photos that he sent me and scanning them with android and figuring out when the photos were taken, and with what device, just to assure they weren't downloaded from the internet. surely enough they all checked out, they were all photos taken by a Samsung galaxy s9 all taken around the same time. So now I tried to catch him slipping just in case he was trying to scam me and asked when he was going to ship out the items. Considering it was 10 at night when I asked, I wanted to see if he would say today to make me want to give him my money more. at first, he did say today, yet followed up with a message saying "Oh Sh*t, the post office closes at 4 lol, ill ship it tomorrow morning" so that checked out and I really have no other ways of seeing if he is actually trying to scam me. He assures me that there is no possible way he would be able to scam me considering I'm paying him via Goods and Services, to where if I was to not receive a device, or its not in the condition as promised, I'm guaranteed my money back. I came here to verify the authenticity of that statement. If I were to not receive an item or the item I receive is not what I was promised, will I receive my money back? I really want to trust paypals system here but my gut keeps urging me to ask the people who have been in my shoes. Please give me an answer, I really need a new phone and if I can get my money back if I were to be scammed, I will pay for it. By the way, the phone he is trying to sell me is an S9+ for 200 Dollars, and I would be sending the money via Goods and Services tomorrow, to where he will then be using USPS and providing me with a tracking number and a picture of the receipt as proof of shipping the device, he tells me that the reason he is selling the phone for such a cheap price is because he needs money for court.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.