Can I Change Product Details After Receiving Payment?

nicodash
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have received payment from a customer through invoicing and properly mentioning the product name. Now due to some reason, the customer wants to change the product and get something else for the same price. Is there any way either way either I or the Customer can himself change the product names/details after making the payment (officially so that PayPal knows that the customer has requested to change the items on his end).

The other way is to simply send a full refund and take the payment again with new invoice for the same price but the new product details. If I do it this way, will it affect my PayPal account standing/reputation in any way, since the customer is not filing a dispute and I am initiating the cancellation of the order on my end? The Merchant account I am using is a relatively new one.

All help is appreciated and welcome.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

Your second idea is the right way to handle the situation.

the 30 cents transaction fee would not be refunded as Paypal has already paid its gateway to validate the transaction.

I would just leave it as is,there is no wayto change it,can you imagine,if the seller changed it from diamond tiara to a bar soap?

Paypal robot doe snot read description,item not as described,buyer will be asked to return the item with tracking

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.