CBed

TheAA
Contributor
Contributor
Hello everyone, I have a question can a buyer win a case if he sent the payment as friends and family? Because I got chargebacked for $5.50 I got through friends and family as unauthorized and I was wonder if there is a chance he can win it. The payment is from December 2019. Please respond soon!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @TheAA,

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry to hear about the dispute or chargeback that has been opened against a transaction that was sent to you. If it is determined that the funds were used without the permission of the owner of those funds, the payment may be refunded. There is no Seller Protection for Friends and Family payments. If the payment was sent by a buyer, it is important to require that it be sent as Goods and Services, so that protection will be available to both parties.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.