Bypassing eBay for fraudulent PP dispute

jayg0023
New Community Member

Need some advice. A few months ago, I sold a set of brand new, unopened He-Man figures on eBay for $200. Over a month later, the buyer files a PayPal dispute saying the item was "not as described." Never contacted me via eBay about any problems or filed an issue with them. So PayPal hits me for the full $220, and I respond with a counter-dispute, sending photos and USPS tracking history and say how the buyer never contacted me for a month and is trying to scam me out of the money. Well finally today I got the response from PayPal saying that the buyer's bank decided in his favor and the matter is now closed. So I'm out of my money and my figures. Is there anything I can do now?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jayg0023 

Credit card chargebacks/bank reversals are difficult to win and are decided by the financial institution, not PayPal and may not require buyer to return items. Since the chargeback is for Not As Described, sellers are not covered under PayPal Seller protection. You can go the small claims court route. The buyer can choose the venue they want to dispute at, the only caveat is that they can't file disputes at all 3 venues simultaneously; one at a time only. In your case, the buyer choose to go directly to their financial institution for a more definite win without the hassle of returns.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jayg0023 

Credit card chargebacks/bank reversals are difficult to win and are decided by the financial institution, not PayPal and may not require buyer to return items. Since the chargeback is for Not As Described, sellers are not covered under PayPal Seller protection. You can go the small claims court route. The buyer can choose the venue they want to dispute at, the only caveat is that they can't file disputes at all 3 venues simultaneously; one at a time only. In your case, the buyer choose to go directly to their financial institution for a more definite win without the hassle of returns.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.