Buyer wants refund on undelivered package

TenguxChan
Contributor
Contributor
I have a situation from a buyer who purchased something from me that I was hoping to get some help with. The buyer is in another country and to ship the figure tracked cost more than the actual figure itself so they opted to ship it untracked, I also would like to add that they tried to haggle the price before buying it to which I declined as the figure was pretty discounted in the first place. I shipped the figure back in December and they messaged me at the beginning of January that they hadn't received it. I spoke to the post office and they said it was probably delayed due to the postal strike and Christmas postage and to wait until the end of January to be safe. They just messaged me that they still haven't received the figure and that they want a refund. I'm worried they're trying to get a free figure out of me by claiming they haven't received it since there's no tracking to prove whether they they got it or not. I took a picture of the receipt after shipping it, as well as the package once it was received by Canada Post, but is there anything I can do to save myself from processing a refund? I gave them the option to choose tracking, they opted for the cheaper option, which is now coming back to bite me. Also if I offer to refund the half the cost, and they take it, can the still file a dispute for the full amount? Also lesson learned, no more shipping internationally with out tracking
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TenguxChan

Well a buyer couldn't care less if you ship it tracked or not as if it gets lost in the post and you can't prove delivery of the item to them then they get a refund.

Shipping tracked is for your protection not the buyers.

If you didn't work out before you sold the item what the shipping cost would be and it proved to be too high then you could have just refunded the buyer and sold elsewhere.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.