Buyer wants refund for item sold as faulty?

Beepeear
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a phone outside of eBay to someone for £160, I informed them of all the faults I was aware of and said that I am unaware of any others. I answered all the questions he had honestly and to my fullest ability The buyer purchases and then receives the phone within a couple of days. The buyer then opens the phone up and messages me saying that the phone is a mess and this is wrong and this screw is missing etc. But I calmly informed him that the phone was sold as faulty, what are my chances in terms of a PayPal dispute? Thank you

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Depends on how you sold the item - if you sent an invoice with the description of the phone and it's condition clearly explained on the invoice - then, you may have a better chance. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Beepeear

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute paypal 'tend' to favour the buyer BUT if they do then the buyer has to return the item back  to you first before you have to refund (and at their own expense).

All you can do is wait and see what paypal decides, you may be lucky.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.