Buyer violated eBay policy and misused returns, eBay acknowledged yet found in their favor

FreshlyPickedLV
New Community Member
Buyer claimed "missing items" as return reason. Items NOT in my listing

I sold a sewing machine on eBay. Clearly stated that it was just the refurbished machine that was offered in the listing.

Ebay has allowed this buyer to perpetrate fraud while violating eBay policies and misusing returns. This buyer asked for items that WERE NOT INCLUDED IN MY LISTING!!!! They based the return on missing items. They were never missing because they were not included in the listing. Ebay has now set a president that a buyer can ask for accessories not included in a sellers listing and eBay will support that fraudulent claim. I have on record FOUR eBay representatives acknowledging that this buyer violated eBay policy and is in the wrong. Yet eBay still found the case in the buyers favor. This is totally unfair and creates an unsafe marketplace for all sellers. I will be sending all transcripts of this case to the authorities and have filed a fraud case with the Better Business Bureau. The negligence and complete incompitence of the eBay agents I spoke to shows the total lack customer service that eBay offers to the sellers that use this platform. 

Here is as much of the transcript of my chat with 2 eBay representatives that I could fit on here. I'm happy to provide the full transcript to anyone interested. It's quite the read.  This is actually a typical conversation as a seller on eBay when trying to conduct good, fair business. Ebay customer service is a joke. 

This right here shows EXACTLY the level of customer service eBay provides to sellers. This buyer asked for items that were NOT even included in the listing. Ebay has now made a final decision regarding this case. Buyer's favor of course.  Apparently now a buyer can ask for anything extra to be provided by the seller and we have to comply or eBay will force us tom accept the return, refund the buyer, AND give us a defect on our accounts.  Anyone else find a problem with this?? Here is the transcript of my conversation with customer service regarding the matter.  It's an interesting read and will be sent to the BBB and any other agency/forum/site  interested in how eBay treats sellers

Buyer claimed "missing items" as return reason. Items NOT in my listing

freshlypickedlv

6:25 AM

Buyer asked for a return based on the claim that the item was missing parts. These parts were not offered in the listing. This was the buyers mistake not mine.

Mary Joy

6:26 AM

Hi. Hope youre well today. My name is Mary from Resolution Center How may I help you? Can you please verify your first and last name?

freshlypickedlv

6:26 AM

174329416115 item number

freshlypickedlv

6:27 AM

Good morning to you

Mary Joy

Thank you for the information let me check this transaction

Mary Joy

Hi A____ how are you?

freshlypickedlv

6:28 AM

Honestly very irritated. I sold this item in good faith and clearly stated what was included in the listing.

Mary Joy

I understand how you feel

Mary Joy

is this the item Brother CS6000i 60-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine CS-6000i RECONDITIONED

freshlypickedlv

The buyer requested a return based on items being missing

freshlypickedlv

yes

freshlypickedlv

6:29 AM

The listing CLEARLY states that it is for the reconditioned machine only

Mary Joy

6:30 AM

I respect your perspective on the return

freshlypickedlv

The buyer based their return request on a false claim

freshlypickedlv

It is not my perspective. I am just stating facts. 🙂

Mary Joy

6:31 AM

s eBay, we prefer sellers resolve all their buyerâs concerns without our involvement, however when we are asked to decide, we are never in possession of the item.

freshlypickedlv

6:32 AM

I am aware of that.

Mary Joy

6:32 AM

Instead of trying to interpret what we think your customer may/may not be saying, letâ€s focus on the fact that your customer clearly has a problem with their purchase and work towards resolving this.

freshlypickedlv

6:33 AM

I am not accepting this return.

freshlypickedlv

6:34 AM

The buyer has very clearly made a false claim. They stated that they based the return on items that were missing.

Mary Joy

What eBay want to get rid of some buyers will run to their bank or paypal and file a dispute and that is the thing we do not want to happen

freshlypickedlv

These items were not missing. They were not offered

Mary Joy

6:35 AM

Try to communicate with them explaining to them the original listings description for them to understand

freshlypickedlv

I am asking eBay to protect me as a seller from a buyer making a false claim.

Mary Joy

I understand that returns are hard to handkle and is always never wanted

Mary Joy

6:36 AM

I was able to see here that you already reported the buyer

freshlypickedlv

6:36 AM

That is correct. They misused the return policy. Correct?

freshlypickedlv

6:37 AM

Can a buyer base a return on items missing that were not part of my listing?

Mary Joy

6:38 AM

We will not know not unless you get the item back. Possibility would be your buyer might return a different item (fraudulent return ) or return a damage item which they altered it(faulty return)

Mary Joy

6:38 AM

Once any of this is present you can contact us for to investigate out this abuse of return

freshlypickedlv

6:39 AM

Do you understand what I am telling you?

Mary Joy

I understand Sir

freshlypickedlv

Look at the buyers reason for the return then look at my listing.

Mary Joy

6:40 AM

I was able to check all of it

Mary Joy

6:41 AM

and there is nothing wrong with your listings

freshlypickedlv

Thanks. I'm aware of that.

freshlypickedlv

The problem is the reason for the buyers return request.

Mary Joy

6:42 AM

I agree

freshlypickedlv

6:42 AM

They stated that the reason is that parts are missing. Correct?

Mary Joy

6:44 AM

Parts that they are claiming is not part on the listings

Mary Joy

But even though our best solution is to get you your item back and the buyer their refund, of course, you and the buyer can work out any other resolution and we will honor it.

freshlypickedlv

Parts that were not offered in the listing at all

Mary Joy

6:45 AM

Try to continue communicating with your buyer Adrian

freshlypickedlv

Read my description

freshlypickedlv

Read what the buyer asked for

freshlypickedlv

6:46 AM

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.