Buyer used item and wants refund

Amber2661
New Community Member
Hi there. I sold an item to a girl on eBay (hair straighteners) and she has used them and decided she doesn't like them and wants a full refund. Obviously she tried this through eBay first and admitted to using them and so I declined her refund request because she's used them so even if I received them back I would have lost money because I'd then have to list them as used. If that makes sense. I told her it's not a try before you buy service and she's harping on about her rights. But eBay backed my decision. So now she's escalated it on paypal because her attempts through eBay failed. I've emailed paypal and responded on the resolution center. But I don't want to be conned out of money and possibly not even receive the item back - now used and thus useless to me for purposes of selling again. Please help!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Amber2661,

Welcome to our Community!

This sounds like a very frustrating issue. This case does not sound like the item is significantly not as described which would be the only dispute reason for our Buyer Protection. I would suggest you escalate the dispute to a claim, so PayPal can decide. You will find instructions here.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.