Buyer scamming me

Mechs2461
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. Recently, I’ve sold an item to a buyer. Today, he messaged me saying he did not authorize this and is going to report this issue. After seeing this, I panicked and sent all my money onto a secondary account I made. I have proof of him sending the money to me and him confirming he received the item I was selling him. Am I in trouble? He paid with his bank card so if he disputes via his bank company will he win the dispute? Please help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mechs2461

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered. If you are not covered then it matters not where you sent the funds, your account would be limited until you paid paypal back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mechs2461
Contributor
Contributor
Ok.... what if the buyer used a VPN during the purchase? And does the bank company refund him automatically or do they go through PayPal’s chargeback system?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.