Buyer ripped me off via false refund claim

Stahlmom
Contributor
Contributor
I had a claim againat me..they asked for refund. I replied stating i objected as I had no idea who this person was or what product they say i didnt give them. I asked to be sent some sort of proof or details of the transaction other than a name and email(which sending to that gave me nothing either) a date and amount. Nothing in my recorda matched any of it. Not rhe amount, the date OR the name..despite numerous searches of my records and emails. Thw respobse I got was a denial and refund issued to this buyer. In my appeal i rwstated the same...send me proof..and was denied again! Now no more options? What the hell paypal? Anyone who paid me for services can so easily say i didnt come theough and you wont even entertain MY request? Anything else be done?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Jessgober22
Contributor
Contributor
I almost had the same problem. Except i met the person face to face for a Facebook sale. They gave this lying scammer his money back and i have appealed it but now they say i didn't respond which i did with pictures and everything!!! Still, PayPal denies me. If ypu get some answer or help let a girl know! Good luck. I wish i could help!
Login to Me Too

CricketMan1
New Community Member

Hi,

I had a similar problem in November 2019 where I sold an XBOX Live Gift Card via eBay and the buyer did a chargeback against me claiming their account was hacked and it was an unauthorised purchase. To add insult to injury PayPal also charged me a chargeback fee of around £15 because it wasn't covered by their protection scheme (as it was a digital product). The case is still ongoing and I am refusing to bring my account back to positive until I receive a fair response. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.