Buyer returned item with missing pieces! What do I do?

Cassanderson24
Contributor
Contributor
So I sold a die cutting and embossing machine to someone on facebook. She paid through paypal. Apparently it didn't work. She never gave me a chance to come to a mutual conclusion of what to do. She went ahead and opened a case. I replied with a question blah blab blah, she raised the dispute. Anyway, I ended up doing the "issue refund and buyer to return item" My problem is, I have today received AN item back, but it was sent back to me in 'the machine labeled' box, as in one that a retailer would send it in. (I didn't send in this box), there is no manual (I sent one to her in the box so expected it back) & there is another piece missing. Also, 2 plates that I sent her, with next to no marks on, have been sent back with different deep marks on (obviously used, but apparently the machine didn't work?) All I can click on the paypal resolution centre is "notify paypal"... This is only to notify that item has been returned right? But it hasn't come back the way I sent it. I don't know what to do. Please help.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DOminiatures
Contributor
Contributor

I just spoke to Paypal yesterday about a customer that was trying to extort a refund from me and not return the item. I called PayPal and they said they would suggest I do what the buyer wanted because  the buyer would open a case of item not as advertised or something because it was broken. He said I would lose the case and the buyer doesn't have to return the item. So, even though I had insurance on the package the buyer gets to keep the item and get a refund if they contact PayPal. The person I spoke with actually told me that the person could return a rock if I made the return it and I would lose. So, from what I heard yesterday, you are pretty much out of luck. I am moving on from PayPal and finding another form of payment. Also, going to start taking credit cards. Sorry you got messed over by the customer and then again by PayPal. They are not a sellers friend at all.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

DOminiatures
Contributor
Contributor

I just spoke to Paypal yesterday about a customer that was trying to extort a refund from me and not return the item. I called PayPal and they said they would suggest I do what the buyer wanted because  the buyer would open a case of item not as advertised or something because it was broken. He said I would lose the case and the buyer doesn't have to return the item. So, even though I had insurance on the package the buyer gets to keep the item and get a refund if they contact PayPal. The person I spoke with actually told me that the person could return a rock if I made the return it and I would lose. So, from what I heard yesterday, you are pretty much out of luck. I am moving on from PayPal and finding another form of payment. Also, going to start taking credit cards. Sorry you got messed over by the customer and then again by PayPal. They are not a sellers friend at all.

Login to Me Too

Cassanderson24
Contributor
Contributor
It's okay. She sent the item, but there were a couple of bits (not major) missing and different. She said it didn't work... I've just tried it, and it does work. So she is obviously dumb. I still have a working machine. Woo. And it's only 1 thing that is missing from the set and the user manual.. So I'm not too bothered now.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.