Buyer requested refund and sent back completely different item – Paypal rules in their favor?

brfr2005
Contributor
Contributor

I'm absolutely irate with paypal right now. I had a buyer purchase an iPhone on eBay and days later claim it wouldn't stay powered on for more than 15 minutes. I know this is false but email them a few steps to try, finally agree on a return if it's Apple ID unlocked.

They start the refund process on Paypal and few days later I receive the package. I open it and it's a SPARK PLUG. A single spark plug in a small **bleep** package. I check the tracking number on the shipped package and indeed it matches what the Paypal case said it would be. So they printed this label, put it on a small envelope package, and stuffed it with a spark plug.

I contact Paypal live chat and they tell me to upload all of the evidence (pics). Which I do. Two days later I receive an email stating the buyer has won the appeal and is being refunded. Can anyone tell me how exactly this is? Talk about a crime, literally.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

brfr2005
Contributor
Contributor

Olivia, 

I was able to contact Paypal on the phone and have them re-open the case. I supplied all the evidence as they requested and they ruled in my favor after seeing the facts. I'm incredibly thankful Paypal got this one correct and made it right.

Thanks for the follow up.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @brfr2005,

I'm very sorry to hear that the case went that way. Please contact customer service again and allow a representative to take a second look at the information you provided. 

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved for you swiftly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
Solved

brfr2005
Contributor
Contributor

Olivia, 

I was able to contact Paypal on the phone and have them re-open the case. I supplied all the evidence as they requested and they ruled in my favor after seeing the facts. I'm incredibly thankful Paypal got this one correct and made it right.

Thanks for the follow up.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @brfr2005,

I'm very glad to hear of the outcome and I'm sorry that it took a bit to get there. Thank you for posting the update!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.