Buyer requested Refund

Clairej1974
Contributor
Contributor
My buyer is requesting a refund saying the item is different to what was advertised. It clearly isn’t!! Not only did I post several pictures on original post she also asked for other pictures 8 in total that I sent her. She was very happy & I posted item straight away. The following day she asked for a refund saying it wasn’t the item she wanted!! Contacted eBay who told me to accept the refund request then re advertise!! This is clearly a case of the buyer changing their mind but my terms & conditions clearly state no returns. The transaction is on hold on PayPal - why?? Am I at a loss, I’ve done nothing wrong get I’m being penalised? Any help/advice please?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Clairej1974 

If a buyer requests a return for not as described, it is in your best interest to accept the return and pay the return shipping or eBay will refund the buyer and buyer get to keep your item. If and when you get back the item and its a false SNAD claim, call eBay customer service to appeal and report the buyer for abusing the money back guarateee program. They might issue a courtesy refund of some kind.

You can do a web search on 'ebay false snad' or 'eBay UK false snad" for more info/advice. Note that eBay US and UK may have different policies/procedures on returns/refunds between sellers and buyers.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

hannahwatkins33
New Community Member

I am having the exact same problem with depop - however the refund amount is £110 and I have just started university and am in no position to pay this. I have no idea what I can do. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.