Buyer raised duplicate transaction with bank and paypal took my money ..

johndexter
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a computer server on ebay for $1099.  Sold, shipped (with signature) and buyer received and everyone happy. At least that's what I thought.

2 months later got a message that there is a dispute buyer has raised with bank that there is a duplicate payment on this transaction. There were no 2 orders, no 2 payments. It was straight 1 payment and one order. So I sent PayPal my account screenshot and ebay order as well (I dont need to as they have all these anyway). But Paypal took the amount $1099 as soon as dispute was filed and when I questioned why they said they will release once case closes. I argued why should I even be on hook, if there was duplicate it was bank/Paypal issue and I didnt get paid twice.

Anyway contacted buyer on ebay messages  he said sorry and told he cleared with his credit card company and all should be good. 

3 months later case is resolved in buyer's favor and Im stunned.  No details from Paypal, contacting their customer care is like playing hide and seek. This is extremely frustrating with no one even available to chat/call in Paypal.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.