Buyer opened a false dispute

dnaranjo
New Community Member

I traded with someone through World of Warcraft's virtual currency, I gave him 420 gold which is what the currency is called there, for $110 USD. I gave him the gold after he sent me the money but there is no way to prove it. My funds have been on hold for over a week now and I am starting to think paypal won't give it back to me. There is no way for me to be refunded the virtual currency that I gave to the buyer, he is just trying to scam me after he paid. Should I expect the funds to get back to me or will paypal just have me scammed?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @dnaranjo,

I'm sorry to hear that there's been a dispute for a payment you received. If the item is virtually delivered, the case should offer your the opportunity to respond with any compelling evidence you might have to show the delivery. If there's nothing that can be provided to show that the virtual item was provided to the buyer, the buyer will likely win the dispute.

If the game itself supports the transfer of virtual items within the game, there may be a way to report the issue to them to see if the transfer can be reversed. If the game does not support the transfer of virtual items or if they prohibit transfers, that would likely not be an available avenue of pursuit.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.