Buyer made a false claim after receiving and activating an iPhone I sold him.

RavenCrest
New Community Member

I sold a brand new, un-activated and unlocked T-Mobile iPhone 12pro to a buyer in Quebec. He messaged me asking if it was unlocked and I didn't know what that meant at the time, so I contacted T-Mobile and they said that the phone was unlocked. I then verified on a 3rd party site that the phone was indeed unlocked, sent the buyer a screenshot of my findings. He then asked for the complete IMEI number so he could verify for himself, which I immediately provided.  The buyer paid for the phone.  I shipped it out the next day via Express mail from the US to Quebec.  The buyer received the phone, activated it, then a day or two later, he claims that the phone was locked.  We both verified this prior to his purchase. Sensing he was trying to scam me out of a phone (due to eBay's policy that if I don't pay for shipping, issue a refund, they'll do it for me and he would not have to return the item. So in effect, he would end up with a free phone)  I opened up a request to review by eBay the same day.  It's been 15 days or so, and they never responded after checking into it twice, the automated system says a case is still open and I cannot open a new one. This morning at 3am I get a notification that the refund process was started and my Paypal account is in the negative by the amount the phone was sold for. Again I reach out to eBay to review this, and again I'm waiting for a response. I have a lengthy thread of emails showing that the buyer did receive the phone, that he activated the phone and he found out that T-Mobile network phones don't work in Quebec. The buyer is making a false claim and I can't get eBay or PayPal to respond. I even saw a notation that said responses may be delayed due to covid?  Can anyone provide some guidance here? Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.