Buyer is trying to scam me?!?

watermellon2019
New Community Member

A few months back I sold a supreme box logo that I had been given. I knew for sure it was genuine as I had it legit checked several times beforehand. Only now (2 months later) the buyer has opened a claim and states it is fake. I am not sure what to do please help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi watermellon2019,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I recommend ensuring that you respond and keep in touch with us through the Resolution Centre of your account. If you have proof showing that the item is genuine, make sure to provide that. 

Here's how to respond to a claim:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Contact on the bottom of the webpage.
  3. Select Resolution Centre on the top right.
  4. Click View under 'Action' in Resolution Centre Cases.
  5. Click Respond and choose one of the following options:
    • Issue the buyer a full refund for the disputed amount and allow them to keep the item(s).
    • Issue the buyer a full refund for the disputed amount and require the buyer to return the item(s) – do not select this option for services or virtual/intangible items.
    • Offer the buyer a partial refund in an attempt to resolve the claim.
    • Provide proof that the buyer has already been refunded.
    • Disagree with the claim and provide additional information.
  6. Click Continue
  7. Follow the prompts provided

Responding is an important first step. Once you do that the team in charge will review and make a decision. If we decide in the buyer's favour they will be required to return the item to you at their expense and in the same condition you sent it in. We would not issue a refund until the item is back to you. If at that stage you find the item is not in the same condition you will have the option to appeal the case. 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.