Buyer is stating he never received product but still using it. Paypal and rules in his favor.

Jkornatowski
Contributor
Contributor

My husband sold his online game acct. He uploaded the app and it saved everything and logged him right in. For a month this person had it and my husband signed out immediately after realizing what happened. Within moments I had a dispute against me. My husband spoke to the purchaser and explained the accident. Paypal ruled in the buyers favor and I have a negative amount in my account for the refund. Buyer is still using the product. My husband has reached out and the buyer keeps stating he cannot access his account. I dont know how to proceed with a fraudulent person and I've contacted the person on the account. They still have it in their possession and I dont feel deserve the refund.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

baranmod
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal simply doesn't care about their merchants who sell digital things like that anymore. They are concentrating on safe environment for buyers and don't understand one simple thing - with that goal they open roads widely for buyer abuse. Faced that myself - you can provide any proof you want, it just won't be enough for paypal and at the end of the day they will still refund buyer.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jkornatowski

You have no seller protection for digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk unfortunately.

By logging in you showed that you still had access to the item that you had 'sold' so the buyer felt that they deserved their money back.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.