Buyer is lying, gets refund by Paypal. Paypal does not want to help me despite proofs.

TomLincoln
Contributor
Contributor

Hello !

I have a serious case. Sold an item on ebay, with 100% correct description and pictures showing everything, including serial numbers.

The buyer pays, no problem.

Then he asks for a refund because he says one serial number is false, and therefore asks for 800 euros refund.

I have official proof from manufacturer that he is lying, my item is 100% original. And everyone can verifiy my claim by looking 20 seconds on google.

He gets the refund from Paypal.

Then, I contact Paypal asking for justification. I send mail with the certificate, everything, no news. I call Paypal, they say it is too late, they cannot do anything.

What can I do next to prove the buyer is lying, got an arbitrary refund, and is not communicating anymore ??

Thank you so much for your help,

Best regards

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @TomLincoln,

I'm sorry to hear about the outcome of the case. Was there a request for information during the course of the case before the refund was issued? If there was and the information was not produced before the deadline, the case would have been closed in the buyer's favor and there would not be an option to appeal. If the information was provided during the course of the investigation before the deadline, it may have been reviewed and determined not to be sufficient.

If you did respond during the dispute before the deadline and believe that the information was not reviewed appropriately, please contact support one more time to review the timeline of the case. If the result is that the case was reviewed correctly, then that would be the final decision regarding the case.

I hope that it turns out to have been a mistake that can be remedied.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Erken_kz
Contributor
Contributor

I also sent a letter to the service with evidence that the buyer was lying when the dispute was still open, but the service ignored it. I could not get through, the bot said that the agent would be free in 98 minutes ..

the impression that the service Paypal immediately helps customers and returns them money without figuring out whether they are scammers or not.

Login to Me Too

_Xenization21_
New Community Member
I am dealing with a similar situation right now. I have all the proof via text of the buyer's lies and illegal refund. I am currently working with my bank and PayPal. I'm certainly not done with this until my money is returned. I'm furious!!!
Login to Me Too

Vo-hongh
Contributor
Contributor

I am a Seller too 

I sold Item , but my buyer called Paypal said :" Not describer item , but over 3 months , why they don't tell after received it , waiting for over 3 months expired warrenty ,Paypal refunded $41.00 to buyer without I agreed , I called Paypal Agent Paypay said :She will do this case for me be cause over expired warranty "

But today 2 AM Paypal sent email said :Refunded to buyer 

Paypal too bad right ?????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.