Buyer has defrauded me out of a phone and the money

snazzy3dprints
New Community Member

So, long story. But basically I sold a phone to a ebay buyer. Shipped it to him just fine. When he got it, he started spamming me with messages saying it wasn't unlocked and he wanted a partial refund. He started threatening me.

So I accepted the return and sent him a label. Weeks went by and he never shipped it, so ebay decided in my favor and gave me the $100.

Then he files a paypal dispute saying he shipped the item back. So, I find the item at an old address which was my bad. But, here's where it gets fraudulent. The box didn't have the phone in it. It was a toilet paper roll and toilet paper. And a broken phone screen of a different phone. So, now he tells paypal he shipped it back and wants the money.

I wait a month and after many, many calls and evidence sent to PayPal like pictures and just talking them through what happened, I got an email this morning saying they decided in his favor and gave him the money.

So, now he has the phone AND the money. And paypal support has been completely unhelpful and consistently telling me what I want to hear. 

How do I fix this or am I **bleep**?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snazzy3dprints
New Community Member

I wanted to add that I have filed a formal complaint with the IC3 Internet crime division of the US government. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.