Buyer has 3 different names. I have not sent items yet. I worry he will try some funny business

sgt_blue
New Community Member

Hi. I made a sale outside of ebay. something called Gumtree. I came to an agreement with this buyer and issued an invoice. However. When speaking to him on Gumtree he gave me 1 name. Then when issuing invoice it showed a 2nd name. Then to make things more complicated. He gave me a 3rd name as full name and address to add to invoice.  I worry that this man is up 2 something with a $450 purchase. That he will get the item somehow and try some funny business. Like saying he did not get the item and it was claimed by someone else. Or that he will swap over the items and send back used items. Really do not know what to do here. I have traded for a number of years but this has never come up. 3 different names for 1 person?

So if he pay's with his paypal account and he has. I send him the items registered post. He must sign for them under that name. However. what can he do to claim his money back. The products are brand new. However, if he has the same product and they are refillable pens. he could say i sent empty pens and send bad 1's back and get his money. I might be paranoid but i think in this day and age with the virus. things are very different with mail delivery and Gumtree is full of fraudulent people. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.