Buyer gets refund for “delivered” item because delivered to wrong address

JimmyScrambles
Contributor
Contributor
A buyer of mine on eBay opened a case saying my package was not delivered even though tracking says it was delivered. Canada Post delivered it to the wrong address though in a different city that is 20 minutes away from the address. To be clear the address on the label was correct. eBay close the case in the buyers favor because of this. I appealed but it did nothing. I have now contacted Canada Post to make a claim with them but they require the buyer’s full name and email. I only have the buyer’s first name from their shipping label, and no email. How do I go forward? The buyer will not respond on eBay to my messages.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JimmyScrambles

You would have their email address on the 'details' of the transaction in your paypal account and on the email you received when they paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JimmyScrambles

On the payment details or on the payment confirmation email should have the buyer's full name too.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

JimmyScrambles
Contributor
Contributor

I have found their email on the original receipt but it seems fairly generic and just for receipts (emoney@[removed].com) and they likely won't respond to Canada Post to verify package was not delivered and I will be stuck again. Their full name is no where to be soon. The account that paid just shows as a made up username (similar to their eBay username) and the shipping label only has a first name.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.