Buyer filed dispute 4 MONTHS after Ebay purchase. **SELLERS BEWARE!!!!!**

tg2019
Contributor
Contributor
I have a buyer who purchased an Ava fertility bracelet (BRAND NEW SEALED IN PACKAGE) from me. Now, 4 months later...she is claiming the item is “not as described.” She admits in the messages she used the bracelet, got pregnant successfully (& unfortunately lost the pregnancy) and now claims the bracelet is not as described as it is no longer working. Paypal sided with the buyer...asking for her to return the bracelet and I am to fully refund her $230. Anything I can do? Or am I just SOL? I’m done with Ebay & Paypal. This is seriously crap. I didn’t realize their 180 day dispute period was a buyer warranty. Damn. Lesson learned. All who are reading this...heed the warning. 🙄
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

SCOOTER101
Contributor
Contributor

NOTHING  SURPRISES ME THERE A JOKE J

@tg2019 wrote:
I have a buyer who purchased an Ava fertility bracelet (BRAND NEW SEALED IN PACKAGE) from me. Now, 4 months later...she is claiming the item is “not as described.” She admits in the messages she used the bracelet, got pregnant successfully (& unfortunately lost the pregnancy) and now claims the bracelet is not as described as it is no longer working. Paypal sided with the buyer...asking for her to return the bracelet and I am to fully refund her $230. Anything I can do? Or am I just SOL? I’m done with Ebay & Paypal. This is seriously crap. I didn’t realize their 180 day dispute period was a buyer warranty. Damn. Lesson learned. All who are reading this...heed the warning. 🙄

UST AFTER EASY MONEY THEY WILL **bleep** YOU EVERY TIME THEY CAN

@tg2019 wrote:

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tg2019

Buyers have up to 180 days to open a dispute with paypal (same timeframe that most credit card companies give you).

So if its an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against anothers (as paypal never views the actual item).

So Paypal do 'tend' to find in favour of the buyer BUT the buyer has to return the item back to the seller at their own expense before you have to refund.

Unfortunately its just one of the risks of selling online, I tend to view it that the profit I make far outweighs the occasional bad transaction......pain though those are.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tg2019
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass I realize the risk. When I signed the user agreement, buyers have 180 days for an item not as described. Since when does this mean they can dispute because it didn’t meet their expectations? She obviously USED the product for 4 months, and now wants her money back?! I have no issue sending a refund if she wasn’t happy with the product initially. But 4 months later...I’m obviously not getting the product back in the same condition. Nonetheless...I’ll be appealing the decision.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.