Buyer failed to pick up package but delivered.

JamieJulia

Hi community. Please let me know if you have any advice for me! I have just been debited $300 by PayPal who found in buyers favour over dispute. I sold a rare set of glasses to a buyer in New York. He wanted them so badly and I agreed to package and send (at a cost of $105) through Australia Post. A few weeks later the buyer messaged me to say he had not received. Tracking showed USPS had delivered but as buyer had not been there to sign (and they had tried numerous times) the package was taken to their warehouse in New Jersey. PayPal asked for evidence. I sent picture of package, original receipt, online tracking. PayPal reports they have found in buyers favour as package not received (even though package was delivered but buyer just did not bother arranging to sign). Now the package is in a warehouse in America somewhere so I’ve potentially lost my glasses (worth $300), I’m out of pocket $105 in postage and $30 in eBay fees. I’ve tried to contact USPS but with no luck. My question is “if the item is delivered is that not considered received by the buyer?” Why should I be paying for a buyer’s incompetence when I did everything correctly?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.