Buyer did not return item

nirmala2001
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone help? I have a highly distressing situation with PayPal. My Christmas destroyed with stress and worry and really don't know what to do...I sold an item on eBay back in August. All fine . I don not sell often and am an individual who just sells my own belongings occasionally. 3 months later I was contacted by buyer claiming falsely the item was fake! This was incorrect however I understand that Byers can claim anything so agreed that I would refund on return of item. It was a piece of jewwalery which I really liked and of high value - so I was happy to get it back. During the previous 4 months I had moved abroad with work and was no longer active at all on eBay or in the UK. As part of the claim resolution I was asked to provide a return address. I did this- an address registered on PayPal that was where I am currently living abroad. All fine- Payday even confirmed the return address via email to me and the buyer n the 24th December. The buyer then sent the item to an alternate address not associated with the claim !!!! I did not get it as I no longer live there. Payday refunded the buyer immediately even though I did not receive the item and it was not even sent to my address!! I have lost a huge amount of money- the original cost of the item 1250 GBP, the re-sale price 500 GBP plus the item!!! Its unbelievable. Payday have contravened there on policies and defrauded me. I am so upset and don't know what to do. I tried to appeal and just get a standard NO email reply. How can I take lead action against PayPal. I know that are wrong. I've done nothing at all working and yet let 100's and 100's of pounds. Heartbroken.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nirmala2001

You have a UK paypal account?

If you moved abroad then you can't change your address on that UK paypal account, you would have had to open another paypal account in the country you were now living.

If the buyer opened a dispute against your UK paypal account then the ONLY address available would be a UK one as the buyer has to return the item to the paypal registered address at the time of the transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nirmala2001
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks however the return address provided to the buyer by PayPal was my one abroad. They sent us both an email confirming it and saying that this was the one to send it to. 

Login to Me Too

nirmala2001
Contributor
Contributor

When claim was opened by buyer I was sent details by PayPal and asked to provide return address from the one's registered on my account. I did this. I also received an email from PayPal confirming the address the buyer should return the item to. The buyer ignored this and sent the item to an address not associated with this claim. I no longer live at the address item was sent to or in the UK so cannot retrieve the item.  Just don't understand why the buyer followed none of Paypal's guidelines or procedures and it was fine, however I followed them all and was victimized and defrauded? Makes no sense at all. Its also worth noting the buyer left positive feedback for item, then nearly 3 months after the sale decided to open a case for return! Its clear that buyers are very savvy when scamming sellers and PayPal. It seems there is no way for honest individual sellers to protect them selves or be listened to with regards fraudulent claims. I paid the full cost of purchasing the item originally, then the listing fees, final value fees, postage fees, had to then refund the entire cost of the item to seller and postage and also lose the item!!! Its total madness. Avoid Ebay and PayPal at all costs!!! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.