Buyer cancel invoice

mirrdee
Contributor
Contributor
hi what should i do to prevent a buyer to cancel the invoice that i've sent to her? the buyer kept cancelling my invoice. as far as i knew as what have been told by paypal to me, only a merchant can cancel the invoice, not the buyer. how did she manage to cancel my invoice? how do i report her? how can paypal help me with this?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mirrdee 

In my experience with invoices, recipients of invoices can cancel it as well. If that is the case, it means the recipient has no intention of paying it and don't expect to be paid on it. You can send as many reminders until the cows come home. Reporting them to PayPal won't do anything as it is not a violation of PayPal user agreement to cancel an invoice, nor is it a technical bug. IF this person owes you money, and you have provided services/goods already, you have to consider taking the other party to court if the amount owed is justified or just on principle alone.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mirrdee
Contributor
Contributor
yes she owed me about 160usd more to complete payment. she already paid deposit. i'm not sure how can i report her to the local authorities since she came from different country. i really wish that paypal can help me get the money back.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @mirrdee,

I am sorry about your issue. Please contact us by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage so that we can look into this further. You may reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.